Monday, July 16, 2012

How to start a new blog.


It's funny to think how much life can change in just 5 years. Things seem to move so fast these days that, to really appreciate how far we've come, you have to deliberately stop to every now and again to look at what's changed.

I just looked back and I can't believe I've had been writing a blog for over 5 years.

I think back to when I started and a lot has changed in that time. Back then, it seemed like everyone was blogging - or at least all of my friends. Not necessarily all crafty blogs, but posts about life, and kids, and family mixed with a heaving dose of rants on parenting and pop culture. I remember when one of my friends said that I should start a blog. But since I wasn't a writer like her, she suggested I should do a craft blog. I didn't even know that "craft blogs" were a thing at the time, but I thought "what the hell, I'll give it a try". And I soon discovered there was a whole world of people out there, writing about things they were doing, and sharing their projects and idea with the world.

And then Facebook came in our lives, and pretty quickly killed most of my friends blogs. With an easier, faster, and more direct way to share thoughts and photos, everyone gave up pretty quickly on blogging and stuck exclusively to Facebook. They still rant and joke, but in shorter mini-posts in the form of status updates instead. But my "How To" posts continued on. Give or take a few weeks off, here and there,  I've posted 233 posts over the last 5 years - almost an average of 1 post per week over that time. And considering I've raised two daughters through their first five years, while working full time for most of those 5 years, 1 post a week is nothing to sneeze at.

I've really enjoyed the blog, and still love sharing all of my crafting adventures. But recently, I started to feel limited by the "How To" format and decided that I wanted to share more of what inspires me - not just the projects I'm doing. And then I realized that if I was going to change-up what I was posting about, that maybe it was time to really "shake the snow-globe" (as my husband likes to say) and re-design the entire site.

And so, I'm saying goodbye to my previous "How  to .... do something" blog - and welcome to VoneInspired.com

3 comments:

Seo Company India said...

First you go to the Google search search their blogger sites then U resister and Login After that you start your posting... First give your title then description......
Their are so many types of blogging site like, blogger.com. type pad, Word press, Jumla....10 to 12 types.!
If you search in Google types of blog site you will find their..!

Serviced Apartments in Bangalroe said...

I follow the comment of seo company India and I am created so many blogs...Thanks the Blogger and http://www.yourseoservices.com

Clipping Path Service said...


All your hints are very helpful. Thank You for sharing such great post with all of us.